Monday, November 12, 2012

Fall Feelings



From my journal on 11-12-12:


The grip of summer heat has loosened and I can breathe in the cool air that energizes me as I walk among colorful trees.

My spirit joins with poets and musicians who are stirred by this season to express a joy that has more than a pinch of melancholy.  I think all beauty has a touch of sadness.

The falling leaves and the gray skies remind me of the losses that come with the passage of time and they remind me that my time is limited, too.  But their beauty reminds me to enjoy, celebrate, and love as much as I can with the time I have left.

 *Photo by Garry Liddell, 2008

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful prose. True beauty leaves an aching echo in its wake, an experience that makes us mourn for what is gone and makes us awake enough to recognize it once more.
    God's gift of autumn is one of those amazing bursts of timeless beauty. Thanks for making me appreciate it once more.

    ReplyDelete