Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Candle of Love



The second candle of Advent usually  represents Love. 

The hymn says:

Why did my Savior come to Earth
And to the humble go?
Why did he choose the lowly birth?
Because he loved me so.

He loved me so.
He loved me so!
He gave his precious life for me.
For me.
Because he loved me so.

 First John 3:1 says, “How great is the love of God that he has lavished on us that we should all be called his children.”    

 *from "Why Did My Savior Come to Earth" by J.G. Dailey

1 comment:

  1. Quite honestly, I don't know if I could ever have come to God without Jesus having led me there. The love that fairly emanates from the New Testament (in places) wooed me, spoke to me and speaks to me, each time I lend an ear.
    And yes, across the oceans of time that word is as vibrant and alive as though it was just now whispered in my waiting ear....
    Its love, alright.

    ReplyDelete