Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Becoming Sane

At the end of that time, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven, and my sanity was restored. Then I praised the Most High; I honored and glorified him who lives forever. (Daniel 4:38).

Nebuchadnezzar's arrogance made him crazy. In Howard Hughes like fashion, he shunned people and grew out his nails and his hair. He also wandered about outside, eating the grass and living like a wild animal.

They still lock you up if you think you are a god.

How ironic that pride made him lose it all. How wonderful that he found himself and got it all back when he reclaimed his humility.

1 comment:

  1. Every once in awhile I hear someone quoted in the news and find myself thinking, "He'd better watch out or he's gonna be out in the pasture eating grass with the cows." Isn't it wonderful that sanity causes people to praise God?

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete