Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Making a Comeback

Do not gloat over me, my enemy!
Though I have fallen, I will rise.
                                              (Micah 7:8)


I love comeback stories. Micah might have been down but he wouldn’t stay down.  He speaks of his sins, which suggests that he knew his problems were of his own making. But he knew that God, who demands that we account for our actions, also offers forgiveness and redemption.  

One of the defining characteristics of a person is in how he reacts to failure. Does he hide or face himself and correct his mistakes?  Does he stay mired in humiliation and resentment or does he pull himself up to begin again? 


The man who dares to rise again will find himself, as well as a redemptive God.

It’s time for a comeback.  

No comments:

Post a Comment