Friday, May 13, 2011

Certain In Our Convictions

Vindicate me, LORD,
for I have led a blameless life;
I have trusted in the LORD
and have not faltered.
Test me, LORD, and try me,
examine my heart and my mind;
for I have always been mindful of your unfailing love
and have lived in reliance on your faithfulness.
(Psalm 26:1-3).

King David knew when he was right and he wouldn’t back down when he was.

Those of us who have been trained in academia have a difficult time actually having an opinion. We say things like, "On the one hand..., however, on the other hand...."

The great leaders are unshakable in their convictions. It’s what gives them the courage to face giants and win battles against bigger, stronger armies.

Additionally, David was a leader who shared his greatness with the people so they could stand tall with him. During his reign, David was not the only one considered formidable. There were also the soldiers known as the Mighty Men of David.

Ah, to be a leader like him....

No comments:

Post a Comment